Television Teaching #3, Conley Hills Elementary School, 1957

1958 conely hills tv 3.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

Television Teaching #3, Conley Hills Elementary School, 1957

Subject

Georgia--Fulton County
Photograph collections
Instructional technology
Closed-circuit television
Conley Hills Elementary School

Description

In 1956, the Fulton County School System was selected by the state board of education of Georgia to be the first district to receive a grant to pilot a program that integrated closed-circuit television into classroom instruction. Funding in the amount of $35,000 was granted to “alleviate the teacher shortage, not by cutting down on the number of teachers, but by making the specialized teaching skills of certain teachers available for all the students. In this way, it will enrich and extend the educational program and every child will share in the total teacher potential.” -Mary Grubbs, Consultant in Audio-Visual Education for the State Department of Education. FCBOE Board Minutes, Nov. 6, 1956, 56-990.

Creator

Fulton County Board of Education

Publisher

Fulton County Schools Archives, Hapeville, Ga

Date

1957

Identifier

1957.avpt.1.6.3

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>

Social Bookmarking

Citation

Fulton County Board of Education, “Television Teaching #3, Conley Hills Elementary School, 1957,” Fulton County Schools Archives Digital Collections, accessed August 17, 2022, https://fcsarchives.omeka.net/items/show/348.